Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some "Man, I just really can't get to sleep" thoughts.

I believe in joy.
I believe in allowing the emotions to come.
I believe in sleeping in some days.
I believe true love waits.
I believe in second chances.
I believe in third and fourth and fifth chances.
I believe my brother is one of the wisest kids I know.
I believe in healing.
I believe in demons.
And spiritual warfare.
I believe God has a specific someone chosen for each person.
But I don’t like to call it soul mates. I don’t know why.
I believe in fasting for a cause.
I believe music speaks when you don’t have the words to say.
I believe music heals.
It has happened to me too many times to doubt that previous statement.
I believe I owe my life to:
Taylor Swift, Imogen Heap,
Explosions in the Sky,
Shiney Toy Guns, Third Eye Blind,
Leeland, Joy williams,
Bethany Dillon,
Celine Dion, Death Cab, Postal Service,
Collin Hay
disney singalong soundtracks,
Rascal flatts, Angels and Airwaves,
Rod Stuart,
Chris Thile, Aerosmith, Matt Kearney,
Dashboard, Elissa, Eisley,
Tally Hall, Liz Phair,
Matt Kearney, John Mayer,
and the Killers.
I believe there is beauty in each person.
I believe everyone wants to be loved.
Some more than others.
I believe some people will do anything for affection.
I believe that people should find their worth in God instead of other’s approval.
I believe in happiness all the time.
I believe dancing is good for the soul.
I believe a lot of problems could be dissolved
if everyone thought about other people more.
I believe there is something releasing in singing.
Out loud.
At the top of your voice.
Who cares if it sounds good?
Who decides if it sounds good?
I believe nightfall is beautiful.
I believe the different colors in the fall can take your breath away.
I believe in writing.
And climbing to the top of a mountain and drawing anything and everything you see.
I believe in photography.
I take pictures all the time.
I believe everyone deserves a good cry every once in a while.
I believe in asking for what we don’t deserve.
I believe in Christ.
And I most defiantly don’t deserve Him and everything that goes along with Him.
I believe in passion.
I believe in going for things with full force.
I believe people don’t know how wonderful they are.
I believe in going on walks with God.
I believe in meeting new people.
I believe in social organizations.
I believe in leadership.
I believe in fear.
And the consequences that come with fear.
I believe in weird funky music that you don’t know how to sing along with.
My friends will defiantly testify to that.
I believe in truth.
And knowing it.
I believe things are revealed to us at certain times for certain reasons.
I believe I don’t know everything.
I believe I know nothing of other cultures.
I believe in traveling and learning about cultures other than my own.
I believe time with your family is so important.
I believe the relationship with my mother and father has saved me from myself at many times.
I believe literature is one of the greatest things humans could ever create.
I believe Hamlet,
To Kill A MockingBird,
Count of Monte Cristo,
Twilight, Beowolf,
Pride and Prejudice,
the Poisinwood Bible,
Redeeming Love,
The Crucible,
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,
The Last of the Mohicans,
The Odyssey,
Frankenstein.
The Moonstone,
Dracula,
and Little Woman are brilliant.
I believe Robert Frost,
Emily Dickenson,
John Keats,
Charles Dickens,
Nathaniel Hawthorn,
Emily Bronte,
and Francine Rivers are all pure geniuses.
I believe in changing your hair color for the heck of it.
I believe in decorating for holidays, like carving pumpkins and mistletoe!
I believe in cliff diving.
I believe in roadtrips.
I believe people can fall out of love.
I believe in painting.
I believe Texas has some crazy pride.
I believe I am so blessed.
I believe investing in relationships is more important than anything.
I believe in scripture.
I believe in basing my life on that little thing I like to call The Bible.
I believe people can hurt you,
but still love you so much.
I believe in forgiveness.
I believe I have “thrown my pearls to swine” one to many times.
I believe God knew I would love Tech.
I believe people need more self control than we sport.
I believe in running to release anger, anxiety, ect.
I believe in body language.
I believe actions speak louder than words.
I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I believe in moments that are less than perfect, but are perfect to you.

2 comments:

Popcorn said...

Little K, as the one who "popped" you, if you will, I am so proud of everything you believe in.

Popcorn said...

I liked the one about less than perfect moments that are perfect to you...I had one just today. It is Palm Sunday and I had all my sweet, adorable, beautiful, smart kernals sitting on a pew where I could see them from the choir loft. PERFECT MOMENT FOR POPCORN!