after one month of being with this guy.
She was all sad and I was sympathetic of course.
And no, I dont think she loved this boy.
I dont think he loved her either.
That would be slightly crazy after one month.
I do not doubt she was sad and going to miss his company.
Thats natural of course.
But as I was having a little pity party for her,
it dawned on me how silly we are.
Not just us of course, but all of human kind.
All of us young girls and boys
who are consumed by the thought of love
and all of our standards.
All our stories and theories we have come up with
in our heads during late mornings and lonely nights.
I, being the first one to admit to all these things,
am so silly.
What do I know the slightest thing about love?
That random crappy phone conversation
I somehow called a relationship?
The times I talked to him about my thoughts
and dreams and aspirations?
The person I spent 7 months getting to know
only to come to find I didnt know at all?
The person I allowed to whisper me lies
and promises only for them to come crashing
down on me in the end?
The thoughts and memories with him that
have turned into vines coming to strangle me?
No.
I know nothing.
For this I am sure.
I have not even glimpsed the outskirts of love.
In the Bible it says God is love.
You hear songs about it all the time:
Amazing love, Your Love is Extravigant,
Hallelujah (Your Love is Amazing), ect.
Why is it that God's love is so good?
Its faithful,
never ending,
it doesnt fade,
its unwavering,
undescribable,
unconditional,
forgiving,
compassionate,
and strong.
Its only through God and
knowing God's love,
can I even pretend like I know
what love is like.
If I dont know God,
know His unconditional love,
the love that I dont deserve in the slightest,
how can I claim to know love?
God is love.
We need to live and breathe God.
We need to seek His face daily.
Unless we do this,
we have no hope of acquiring
any knowledge of love.
How can I mirror something I don't see?
"A woman's heart should be so close to the God
that a man should have to seek after the Lord
to find her."
If you have not experienced the true bliss
of riding a roller coaster
its difficult for one to understand what it feels like.
Its the same with God's love.
If you havn't experienced the full extent
of it, and known what we have been missing,
then how can we pretend to know?
2 comments:
Beautiful post LK. Love both pics but especially the flowered cross. Is that the pic you took at our church? Wow.
You know love more than almost anyone I know. You must, because I have never met anyone who gives a more pure love. The love I feel from you feels honest and dynamic and eternal. It is one of the most comforting things in my life. I can only hope that the love I feel for my friends leaves them feeling the same way.
Post a Comment